This is one of my family’s favorite recipes. It is fresh, healthy, & delicious. It is also easy to make! My love for this recipe stems from the lettuce wraps at PF Changs. I tried to channel my inner PF Chang, & this is my copy cat recipe to have at home!
- Dipping Sauce
- 2 T soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 3 T Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 T ketchup
- 1 t sesame oil
- 1 t Sriracha or red Chile sauce
- 4 T brown sugar or xylitol sugar
- ½ cup water
- Chicken Stir Fry:
- 1 T olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms, minced
- 1 bunch scallions, minced
- 8oz can water chestnuts, minced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lb chicken breast, small dice
- 1 T Salt
- 1 T pepper
- 1 bunch of butter leaf lettuce, washed & stem cut off
- Stir Fry Sauce:
- ½ cup soy sauce or liquid aminos
- ½ cup brown sugar or xylitol sugar
- 1 T rice wine vinegar
- 1 t red Chile flakes
- Mix the ingredients for the Dipping Sauce in mixing bowl with a whisk.
- Place sauce in a squeeze bottle or serving dish.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- For best results, make the day before & let sit overnight.
- Using the same bowl, mix the in ingredients for the Stir Fry Sauce with a whisk.
- Set aside.
- Cut up the mushrooms, scallions, water chestnuts, garlic, & chicken breast.
- Heat up a sauté pan to high heat.
- Add olive oil.
- Add mushrooms.
- Add scallions.
- Add water chestnuts.
- Add garlic.
- Add Chicken, salt, & pepper.
- Continue to sauté until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Once the liquid has evaporated, add the Stir Fry sauce until totally incorporated for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with butter lettuce leaves & Dipping Sauce.
Kitchen Tips ♡
♡ I tried this recipe with ground chicken breast initially to cut down on prep time, but it is worth cutting chicken breast into small dice.
♡ I like to have variations to my recipes to make them fit for all types of families. Liquid aminos are a great substitute for soy sauce. It tastes the same & liquid amino are certified non-GMO with no added salt, gluten-free, & alcohol-free. Also, I have used xylitol sugar in place of brown sugar. While brown sugar has more flavor, xylitol is a great change out for brown sugar due to it’s low glycemic rate & fewer calories. I have used both substitutes & they still make a flavorful dish!
♡ I love these disposable tin pans to serve with!
♡ Try my Ketchup from Scratch recipe to put in the Dipping Sauce!
♡ Try using a garlic press!