This past year in November, my husband and daughter got baptized at our church. I was pleased beyond measure for this to happen. Ever since we got married in September of 2017, we have been going to church as a family and then coming home to have a late breakfast together. My kids get super upset if we don’t have breakfast as a family after church and I love that they are the reason that this tradition has continued for so long!
What I cook on Sunday mornings is nothing fancy because I only cook bacon, sausage, and eggs. The adults have toast and the kids always want waffles. I usually buy the Eggo waffles in the freezer case because they are easy, but when Santa brought this bad boy for my 4 year-old-son, we have been making waffles from scratch…Every. Single. Day. Since.
We actually have two waffle makers now. An adult Belgium waffle maker for my husband and a Mickey Mouse waffle maker for my Mickey obsessed son!
Making this waffle mix every week since Christmas has been easy to keep up with the household demand. This waffle mix is super easy to prepare and cooks really well in the waffle maker. These waffles turn out fluffy and delicious even after refrigerating the batter. I have also added chocolate chips to the batter for a different variation of a waffle! Just ladle the batter into the waffle mix, place chocolate chips on the top of the batter, and cook the waffle.
You can even cook some waffles, freeze them, and then later throw them into the toaster when you are ready for them. Waffles are easy and fun to make and you can make them even more convenient by simply planning ahead for them. I’d love to hear how this batter turns out for you, so comment and let me know how this recipe worked for you!
- 1 cup flour
- 2 T sugar
- 2 t baking powder
- ¼ t salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 T butter, melted
- 1 egg
- ½ t vanilla
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Incorporate milk and melted butter.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix completely.
- The batter will be a little lumpy and thick and should not be overmixed.
- Spray pan spray on the waffle iron and ladle in the batter into the hot waffle iron.
- If you wish to have chocolate in the waffle, add the chocolate chips into the batter before you shut the waffle iron to cook.
- Cook for 2-3 (depending on the waffle maker) or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately to have a warm waffle with syrup, whipped cream, or strawberries.